Game date: March 12th, 2011
12 Lamashan 4710
- Having found Breeg’s traps, but not Breeg himself, the party decides to return to Oleg’s Trading Post to do a little trading.
- Oleg asks about Svetlana’s ring, but the heroes have not yet seen it. Kesten Garess also greets the party with a reward of 400 gold pieces from the Swordlords in return for the reduced bandit activity in the area.
- A female human mystic named Kyragives the party a Harrow reading, including private readings for each of the heroes. She does not charge for this service, as she sees their future actions as particularly important to events in the region.
- They also meet up with Bokken who sells them several potions. Bokken remarks that he is running low on fangberries, which make his healing potions slightly more potent.
- Jhod Kavken stays behind, but promises to provide healing and other spellcasting whenever they are back at Oleg’s. He also has plans to set up a small workshop at the trading post to begin making minor magical items that might be of value.
13 Lamashan 4710
- The party sets off to find The Stag Lord’s fort to the south. They encounter an area with scattered bones of animals and humanoids and are quickly ambushed by a giant trapdoor spider. In the lair of the spider, they find a crude drawing of a dead tree with a red “X” written in blood at the base of the tree.
14 Lamashan 4710
- Continuing south, the heroes come upon a dead oak tree that matches the map they found the previous day. It appears to have been struck by lightning and resembles a huge, eerie claw reaching up toward the heavens. In the base of the tree, they find a small cache including a wand, a silver ring, a dagger, and a ruined spellbook.
15 Lamashan 4710
- The party comes across another tree standing alone atop a small hill. This one, a sycamore, is alive, if barely, with leaves sprouting from just a few of its longest branches. From the fey Perlivash and Tyg Tigger-Tut, they know this to be the home of the mites that had stolen some treasure from the bandits a couple of weeks ago. The heroes decide to investigate and encounter mites in two chambers. In the second, they rescue Mikmek, who is both grateful for their aid and (after being healed and armed with a dagger) particularly enthusiastic about being able to help pay the mites back for their deeds. He promises “many treasures” for helping him reclaim the holy statue of his tribe (the Sootscales) that was stolen by the mites.
Current time and location: early evening on 15 Lamashan in the torture chamber of the mite lair